lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:mikeshepherd98762"

53 forum posts
Off-Topic Discussion - Should Chess Have Affirmitive Action? Shouldn't we do more to combat racism in chess?#19

I agree. It's insulting to say "You can get in with only 62%." Everyone is capable of succeeding. We need to address cure the disease, not mask the symptoms. Money could be spent on special programs t…

mikeshepherd98762
Off-Topic Discussion - Should Chess Have Affirmitive Action? Shouldn't we do more to combat racism in chess?#17

More insults. No facts. No substance. Asking for equality is criminalized. Facts are criminalized. Truly an Orwellian future we're in with political correctness in the world today. Anything you disagr…

mikeshepherd98762
Off-Topic Discussion - Should Chess Have Affirmitive Action? Shouldn't we do more to combat racism in chess?#15

@LostEarthworm I read that short story in middle school. It should be required reading and was the inspiration for this post. Poignant comment by you.

mikeshepherd98762
Off-Topic Discussion - Should Chess Have Affirmitive Action? Shouldn't we do more to combat racism in chess?#14

When someone can say nothing other than name calling, you know you're right. Respond with logic. I hope most people are good enough to see through childish name calling.

mikeshepherd98762
Off-Topic Discussion - Should Chess Have Affirmitive Action? Shouldn't we do more to combat racism in chess?#13

@msck "Equal outcomes? What would that be in chess? Do you just give every minority player 200 higher ELO for free? That would be ridiculously racist." What's wrong with making it like med school, whe…

mikeshepherd98762
Off-Topic Discussion - Should Chess Have Affirmitive Action? Shouldn't we do more to combat racism in chess?#8

@KateKidna I'm really sad you found my post to be racist and sexist, but there is not one thing in there that is racist or sexist. I'm trying to help the situation. You don't need to flame me for that…

mikeshepherd98762
Off-Topic Discussion - Should Chess Have Affirmitive Action? Shouldn't we do more to combat racism in chess?#1

If you don't know what affirmative action is: In the USA, looking at the raw statistical admissions data into medical schools, Whites and Asians on average need to score around 92% on the MCAT for adm…

mikeshepherd98762
Off-Topic Discussion - Paleo Organic Non-GMO Gluten Free Supplements#4

The joke is that it is dirt that I bought ;)

mikeshepherd98762
Off-Topic Discussion - Paleo Organic Non-GMO Gluten Free Supplements#1

I bought a Paleo, Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten free natural earth supplement for $29.99 at the organic store. How much of this should I use? The bottle says "neolithic diners ate meals without modern faci…

mikeshepherd98762
Off-Topic Discussion - Happy Birthday Edward Snowden#20

The US courts have already ruled that the mass surveillance Snowden revealed is illegal under us law! Snowden laid the responsibility of disclosure to journalists and did not recklessly release inform…

mikeshepherd98762